Information Technology – Best Technology
Information Technology – Best Technology
Information Technology – Best Technology is the use of electronic computer devices for processing, manipulating,creating store, secure or exchange the data. The data is defined as raw information which is later converted into useful and meaning information by computer devices.
Information technology is not just limited to data processing on your PCs but it also involves development and maintenance of computer software, Infrastructures, networks, and other system.
Information storing is not new humans this ritual is continued from Mesopotamia pre mechanical era in 3000 B.C. The term Information Technology (IT) was given by Harvard Business Review to this electronic era of technology. Often people associate IT with typing something on your keyboards but rather it is a very vast field.
Any computational device like your smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, Servers, Networking, Internet, ATMs or security devices all come under the umbrella of IT. Basically, it is made of three layers:
- Computer Software –Codes –mathematical methods
- Computer Hardware
- Operating System (OS) –for communication between computer hardware and computer software
Are Computer science and IT same?
This question arise in many individuals mind especially in the minds of students who are looking for a college major. The answer is no and yes at the same. No is for having different responsibilities and work for each other and for the Yes, you can combine them by doing Management in Information Technology as both come from the same domain. Let’s discuss them in detail:
Computer Science and IT both are studied as separate college majors as both involve different skills and usage of electronic devices.
Computer Science (CS) –The Inventors
To describe it in easy words we can say that computer scientist is basically digital scientist responsible for developing computer hardware, computer software, virtual machines, creating networks and operating system for communication purposes. They are the one who invents new technology by interpreting and manipulating mathematical algorithms and statics. Several new fields like
- Software engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Front and back end developing,
- Game developing and;
- All electronic hardware creation e.g., microprocessor or microchips are subcategories of CS.
IT Professional –The Users
The IT professionals are basically users of the technology developed by a CS professional. The use of existing technology like storage devices, operating systems, databases, software applications for business and economic purposes. They are responsible for network generation using existing technology and interprets consumers or costumers how to solve their business problems with it. IT students can adopt careers as;
- Network Architect
- Computer Troubleshoot Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Database administrator
- IT director and;
Why Information Technology?
As an IT analyst, you should enjoy using software, web and system applications or just apply data mining algos on normalized data or just simply install computers and computer software. Here are some benefits of electronic devices with their potential threats for you:
- Alm0st all business nowadays requires IT help for the Information processing and to approach the current need and demand of their organization.
These requirements could be designing and printing paychecks, proposals or legal documents of the company, handling company online social applications, and network development for information sharing within the departments, with other department and also with the clients.
- Database analyst to extract useful information like market needs and demands and analyze business data from a different point of view to suggest new marketing or business approaches.
For example, by analyzing and performing data mining algorithms on the yearly database of a supermarket, IT analysts can view frequent items bought by the customers, which products are bought with one another so that they could be placed together or which products were giving low or high profit.
- Database algorithms require and technique also helps in database warehouse to determine which products need frequent restock or needs to be bought in bulks.
- Provide distributing computing or decentralized computing environment which is connecting PCs in a functional business environment. It is a system in which multiple electronic devices are located in different networks and share software components with one another.
These devices could be within the organization, different areas or even different cities. IT analyst is responsible forcreating a network through servers and provide the entire spectrum of business information so it can be accessed and used by employees.
- Unlike the old education system where students go through various thick library books, modern education requires the use of IT especially the use of the internet. Students can learn anything from anywhere in the world by just typing some words.
IT has opened the doors for the online education system via internet or mobile applications. Internet is full of tutorials and educational material for the students all around the globe.
- Online jobs are also the fruit of IT, there are such huge numbers of organizations that are utilizing data innovation which helped in tackling the issue of occupation shortage in a specific way.
A considerable lot of these enormous IT enterprises like Amazon, Facebookand Google were begun from homes and rooms, however now they are most successful organizations of world making millions and billions yearly.
- However, everything has its pons and cons sois the new technology. New technology has violated many basic human rights like unauthorized use of information, data stealing and online fraud. But IT professionals has solutions for this particular problem of the electronic era of technology. A Chief Information Security officer is responsible for data security and looks for vulnerabilities and potentially harmful threats that can damage the main triangle i.e., Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of business data.